By Luke Cosgrove
This year, for the first time, Galston entered sheep in the Royal Easter Show Sheep Competition.
A keen group of students spent the Easter long weekend at the showground, caring for the sheep and presenting them for judging. Two weeks later, Galston High School were at the Hawkesbury Show for another fun day of showing and learning. The school achieved great results achieved at both shows (see right).
In addition to the sheep classes, our students entered the Junior Handlers competitions. Building on their experience at the Royal, our students did well handling at Hawkesbury Show. Emily Symons reached the finals and Georgia Cleary was awarded Champion Handler out of the nearly 50 students at the show!
Congratulations to all students involved for their effort in preparing the sheep and for working so well as a team to achieve these wonderful results: India Dalton, Catherine Engall, Jake Harrison, Giorgia Bennett, Ashley Dyer, Kollah Cannon, Beilah Smith- Astudillo, Jasmin Barron, Georgia Cleary, Emily Symons and Sarah Symons.
ROYAL EASTER SHOW RESULTS
- 4th place – ewe lamb school’s pairs class
- 4th place – 2-tooth White Suffolk ewe
- 3rd place – ram lamb ‘Any other breed’
- 3rd place – up to 2-tooth ‘Any other breed’
- 2nd place – up to 2-tooth ewe ‘Any other breed’
- 1st place – 6-tooth and over ewe ‘Any other breed’
- Reserve Champion Meat Sheep