There is much to report this month in the way of developments, with some community members already voicing their concerns by way of submissions to council for some DA’s.
94 David Road, Cherrybrook
Application no DA/1017/2021
Demolition of all existing structures and construction of a 55 place child care centre with basement parking.
36-56 David Road – Marymount Mercy Centre
Subdivision of One Lot into 60 residential
The application states “The current application seeks to ensure that any future residential use of the land (as per the zoning) will not encroach on the heritage-listed forest covering the eastern third of the subject land. To this end, the application intends to excise the Forest from the balance of the land and gift it to the Council for ongoing preservation in perpetuity. The balance can then be redeveloped for residential purposes as envisaged by the R2 Zone.
Dural Round Corner has a number of developments approved and in planning. They include:
Skyline Dural, 488-494 Old Northern Road, Dural – Approved (Next to Stonelea Court)
The application now includes 486 Old Northern Road and has submitted revised plans. Full story opposite.
Maronite Catholic Church – Approved
669 Old Northern Road, Dural. Entrance via Franlee Rd.
• On-grade and basement car parking comprising of 238 car spaces (including 8 accessible), 7 motorcycle spaces and 33 bicycle spaces
• 350 seats main church and 70 seat chapel
• 20 seat choir loft and media room on the mezzanine
• Multi-functional room and commercial kitchen
• Confessional booths, sacristies, robing room, piety supply room, altar server room and collection room
• Ancillary building including offices, meeting rooms, reception, kitchen and staff dining room for administration and counselling
• Amenities for parishioners and staff