BY CAROL RUSSELL
Prior to COVID, the West Pennant Hills and Cherrybrook Rotary Club generally generated $50,000 to $60,000 gross per annum through numerous fund-raising activities.
Their major events were a Garage Sale (September), a Book Sale (March), a Trivia Night (August), plus some Bunning’s BBQs.
All net funds raised are used in their charitable activities, including:
• Tree of Joy – the club canvasses charities. Cards are placed on a Christmas tree located within the Cherrybrook Shopping Centre.
Generous shoppers remove the cards and purchase the nominated gift and place it under the tree. Club members collect, sort and distribute up to 1000 gifts, conservatively valued at $30,000 each year.
• Grace’s Place at Doonside – their primary purpose is to provide a unique place of healing and restoration for children traumatised by homicide
• Coonabarabran Farmers – both drought relief and to provide access to suitable self-development programs in Sydney
• Cherrybrook Rural Fire Service – however, due to COVID restrictions, the club cannot provide its usual levels of financial support. They are now reaching out to the local community to assist via one of two means:
• Become a sponsor ($250, $500 or $2,000pa), and the club will promote your local business. These sponsorships allow the club to focus on raising funds or Simply make a donation. For further details, please call Max 0404 020985 for sponsorships or Rosemary 0439 819965 for donations, receipts for taxation purposes and/or membership.