Australian’s love nothing more than spending time outdoors, which means it’s important to protect your skin, and have regular skin cancer checks from a qualified practitioner.
WHO SHOULD HAVE A SKIN CANCER CHECK?
With the harsh nature of our Australian climate, it’s recommended that adults of all ages have yearly skin cancer checks, especially those over 40. Depending on your skin type, you may require more frequent checks.
WHAT ARE COMMON SIGNS TO LOOK OUT FOR?
• New moles
• Moles that increase in size
• An outline of a mole that becomes notched
• A spot that changes colour from brown to black or is varied
• A spot that becomes raised or develops a lump
• The surface of a mole becoming rough, scaly or ulcerated
At Medical Centre At Round Corner, we offer comprehensive full body skin checks utilising modern detection equipment. We can do biopsies, excisions and cryotherapy, plus the removal of cysts, skin cancers and other lesions. Book online or call us on 02 8403 4200 for more information.