Site establishment work will soon begin for a new Transport for NSW Hornsby commuter car park on Jersey Street in Hornsby.
From today (Thursday 17 February), up to 19 commuter car parking spaces will be temporarily unavailable within the existing Jersey Street Car Park to allow for the construction of the new commuter car park to progress.
The new commuter car park on Jersey Street will feature:
- Around 140 parking spaces
- Entry and exit from Jersey Street
- Additional accessible parking spaces
- Dedicated pathways connecting to the existing footpath along Jersey Street
- Provision for future electric vehicle charging spaces
- Transport Park and Ride infrastructure (Opal operated boom gates)
- CCTV, lighting and wayfinding signage for improved safety and security
- Landscaping within the new car park.
For full details, go to the Transport for NSW website here – https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/projects/current-projects/hornsby-commuter-car-park