Residents in Cherrybrook and Castle Hill will be excited to hear that the popular Erlestoke Park is in the midst of an extensive upgrade.
The main elements of the works by Hornsby Shire Council include:
• A Learn-To-Ride play area
• An upgraded path on the northern side of the park providing accessible connectivity between the Erlestoke Place car parking and the play areas. A secondary east-west path will connect the western Whipbird Place entry of the park with the existing play area
• A new exercise hub located near Whipbird Place
• A 1.2m playground/safety fence along the north eastern corner of the park
• Construction of a series of biofiltration basins to capture gross litter and treat stormwater pollution such as nutrients and fine sediment from the upper catchment
• Regrading and expansion of the northern lawn area
• Additional trees to shade the learn to ride area A three-cubicle, modern toilet structure has recently been installed (pictured right).
The public toilet features external hand wash facilities and custom Eucalypt inspired screen walls allowing passive surveillance.
The remaining works will be undertaken later this year and in early 2023.