By David Elliott MP
The Baulkham Hills electorate has secured $299,911 in funding for a total of eight projects under the 2020 Community Building Partnership Program.
The full list of successful projects includes:
• Positive Vibes Foundations Ltd., awarded $17,000 to build a community garden with a shed and pergola, and installing airconditioning in the main meeting rooms;
• Muirfield High School P&C Association, awarded $45,299 to install lighting and camera equipment in the school hall, including a motorised screen, lighting truss and ceiling mounted projector;
• Crestwood High School P&C Association, awarded $50,000 for motorised whirly bird extractor fans and replacement louvres to cool school multi-purpose space for all students, including support unit, and community use agreements;
• Hills Community Aid and Information Service Inc., awarded $15,000 to complete office renovation, including re-carpeting, re-painting, storage shelves and space, and improving privacy of internal offices;
• Crestwood Public School P&C Association, awarded $28,000 for an adventure playground with two zones to cater for the active exploration needs of students in Years K to 6;
• Baulkham Hills North Public School P&C Association, awarded $50,000 for the construction of a fitness playground that will feature a range of equipment options for students to utilise, such as climbing walls and roman rings;
• Norwest Anglican Church, awarded $50,000 for a weatherproof shade sail covering over the entry plaza and welcoming area of the main building; and,
• Catholic Parish of St Michael’s Baulkham Hills, awarded $44,612 to refurbish the Church Hall part of Our Lady of Lourdes Church, including carpet and parquetry repairs and wall painting.
I look forward to seeing this grassroots funding help create a more vibrant and inclusive local community with positive social and recreational outcomes.