Search

West Pennant Hills Cherrbrook Lions Club Has Been Supporting Inala Special School for 59 Years

West Pennant Hills Cherrybrook Lions Club has again assisted Inala School with its annual fete by raising funds towards continuing its magnificent work in helping and caring for its students’ educational and individual needs. The Club has continually supported the school’s work for the past 59 years.

Every year at Inala’s annual fete, a team of Lion volunteers raise funds using the Club’s Chocolate Wheel and this has proved very popular. The Club has worn-out many chocolate wheels over time!

The history of Lions International’s Inala association began in 1958, the year of Inala’s founding, when the Epping-Eastwood Lions Club commenced its relationship with the school’s founders, Anthroposophist, Dr. Joachim Pohl and his wife Kyra Pohl. In 1964 the Epping – Eastwood Club improved its connection with the school by chartering a new Club at West Pennant Hills for the sole purpose of helping the fast developing school. This change also solved the ‘distance’ problem so that Lion volunteer members could serve on a more localised basis. 

Support for the Lions “Wheel-of-Fortune” was again strong this year and received visits from popular public figures including the Federal Member for Berowra, Julian Leeser and The Mayor of The Hills Shire Council, Dr. Peter Gangemi, pictured, with Club President, Lion Philip Watson and Charter Member, Bruce O’toole. 

If anyone would like to know more about how Lions serve and improve community amenities, please contact Lion President Phil Watson at [email protected].

Table of Contents